Friday, April 10, 2009

Blog Design Updates

Obviously you can see, if you've been here before, that I'm making some blog design changes. I have been steadily blogging now for only about 2-3 months, and very quickly I felt myself straining at the bonds of old template. So today I built up a new template to give the blog a little more freedom than is given by the very limited blogger default templates.

I should have this one fully updated and running this weekend, so I can get back to posting thoughts and updates on writing and publishing. If I can get the blog back up to speed later tonight, maybe I'll even post something I've been working on first thing tomorrow. Until Then!

5 comments:

Grace Bridges said...

Nice! What's the trick? I never heard of building a template from scratch before. Though I have often tweaked existing ones.

Alexander Field said...

Grace, I am certainly not building a new one from scratch...I'll have to edit that, I'm just editing an existing template! : )

Robert Treskillard said...

Great design, Alex. I like the look!

Keanan Brand said...

I'm diggin' the photo on the top.

When my brother was sent to Germany a few years ago, he took rolls and rolls of pictures (I think he still has that film camera somewhere), and later matted and framed a few castle shots as a gift. They're awesome storytelling inspiration.

Lori Benton said...

I wish I knew how to edit templates. Or maybe I don't. Having been an art major in college, I could waste an insane number of hours playing around with blog design. :)

Having said that, I like your new look, esp. that header photo. Yowza. Good job!